1) HAVE FUN!!!
2) INVITE ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS!!! SPREAD THE WORD!!!
3) THIS TOUR STARTS: Monday, August 22, (Arizona Time). THIS TOUR ENDS: Monday, August 29, at Midnight (Arizona Time) Winners will be drawn and posted August 30th! ***
4) MEET AND MINGLE WITH ALL THE AUTHORS! EXPERIENCE
A NEW PARTY DESTINATION AT EVERY STOP! PARTICIPATE IN EVERY BLOG CONTEST AND BE ENTERED FOR CHANCES TO WIN MULTIPLE PRIZES! EVERY BLOG VISITED IS ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO WIN!!
5) PARTICIPATION AT ALL BLOGS IS RECOMMENDED, BUT NOT REQUIRED. REMEMBER, THE MORE BLOGS YOU HOP, THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING PRIZES. EVERY AUTHOR IS WAITING TO MEET AND INTERACT WITH YOU, SO PLEASE BE SURE TO SHOW EVERY AUTHOR SOME LOVE!
6) DID I MENTION TO HAVE FUN? WHOO! HOO!! HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOO!
***Authors have full discretion to choose an alternate winner in the event any winner fails to claim their prize(s) within 72 hours of their name being posted or after notification of win, whichever comes first. Anyone who participates in this blog hop tour is subject to these rules***
Ever since the theme to this blog party was announced, this song has been running through my mind, so I thought I’d share it with you.
As summer draws to a close, there may be a sultry night or two left in her. Spend them around the campfire, lying under the stars, on the beach by a bonfire…however you spend them, make sure you’re in your honey’s arms!
Sandy and Ryan did:
Ryan walked her up the steps to her apartment. After she unlocked the door she turned into his arms. His kiss went from soft to heated then back to gentle.
She leaned into the kiss, enjoying the feel of his muscular arms beneath her hands. She hated having to let him go.
“I wanted to watch the stars come out with you, Chicory,” he whispered.
She looked up. Even with the ambient light from town, the sky was overflowing with visible stars. “I love the stars. There are so many they almost. . .”
“. . . blend together.”
Electrical current raced along her spine. “Yes,” she whispered, wishing she could see his face.
Ryan turned Sandy so her back was to him and slid his arm around her waist while they enjoyed the view from her tiny balcony. “My mom used to tell us stories about the sky and the stars,” he murmured, his breath warm against her neck. “She said the night sky was one of God’s favorite old blankets, keeping everyone here on Earth safe and warm. And the blanket has these tiny pinholes worn in, like some comfortable blankets do. The lights we see are little glimpses of heaven on the other side of the blanket.”
“Next time, we’ll get it right.” He turned her back to face him, kissing her with slow, sweet longing. “I’ll see you tomorrow, Sandy.”
Coming soon from Astraea Press:
Heartsent by Kay Springsteen
With her strict no-dating-within-the-department rule, Firefighter Lina Standish has a nickname in the Salem Hills Fire Department: Lina “Standoffish”. But Firefighter Kevin Daly has had his eye on Standoffish ever since a locker room incident nearly a year earlier, and now he plans to break all her rules. With the help of his niece and a hot-air balloon, he gets Lina’s attention and she agrees to “hang out” with Kevin as friends off duty, to take it slow and see where things go between them. Then Lina’s life is turned upside down by a surprise miracle who doesn’t even have a name. Kevin’s ready to step up, but is Lina?
EIGHT QUESTIONS FOR THE EIGHTH MONTH
Answer any three correctly for a chance to win. (See list of prizes below.)
1. In which U.S. state is there a town named Summersville?
D. All of these
2. Which of these actors did not appear in the 1997 horror movie ‘I Know What You Did Last Summer’?
A. Ryan Phillippe
B. Brandy Norwood
C. Jennifer Love Hewitt
D. Freddie Prinze, Jr.
3. In what country were the 2008 Summer Olympics held?
C. United States
4. What popular actress portrayed Buffy Summers in the ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ TV series?
A. Jennifer Garner
B. Jennifer Love Hewitt
C. Sarah Michelle Gellar
D. Courtney Cox
5. From which opera composed by George Gershwin is the famous aria ‘Summertime’?
A. Porgy and Bess
B. My One and Only
C. Blue Monday
D. Shall We Dance
6. Which of these characters appears in William Shakespeare’s comedy ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’?
A. Tom Snout
D. All of these
7. What legendary Hollywood actress starred in the 1959 movie ‘Suddenly, Last Summer’?
A. Katharine Hepburn
B. Marilyn Monroe
C. Audrey Hepburn
D. All of these
8. What legendary summer blockbuster movie made people afraid to go in the water?
B. The Towering Inferno
D. Free Willy
GRAND PRIZE: Lifeline Echoes and Elusive Echoes and any four books from below plus a $5.00 gift code redeemable for any purchase at Astraeapress.com.
1. A Deal with the Devil, Part One, by J. Gunnar Grey
2. Heartsight by Kay Springsteen
3. The Keepers by Monique O’Connor James
4. Tinsel Town by Stephanie Taylor
5. Through the Rabbit Hole by Lisa Kumar
6. The Perfect Rose by Felicia Rogers
7. A New Dream by Elaine Cantrell
8. Lizzie and the Rebel by Stephy Smith
9. Wayward Soul by Kim Bowman
10. The Picture by Stephanie Taylor
11. Lucky for Her by Stephanie Taylor
12. Sunny Days, Moonlit Nights by Jean Joachim