So I made my resolutions last night and this morning. In past years, I’ve always set goals that I am never quite able to meet. Things like “I’ll clean out the storage room beneath my house…” Yeah, sure. I’ll pay my son to do it…if HE even will go under there. I will paint my bathroom-that one I can do. And I will even paint my bedroom. Oh, but I guess I should finish my utility/laundry room first.
I could do the ever popular losing weight goals, eat healthier, get more exercise. These are the goals I typically fail at. Why set myself up for failure?
So, for personal resolutions:
1. I will spend more time in Fiction Land, either reading it or writing it, depending on my mood.
2. I will spend more fun time with Sadie, going to the park, playing little kid games, etc.
3. I will eat more Dairy Queen. Seriously…last summer went by and I didn’t stop at a DQ even ONCE. So this year…this is my year to hit DQ once a week, on a Sunday…with Sadie.
4. I will smell the roses in my yard at least once daily when they are in bloom. When they aren’t I will smell some other flower I’ve got out there.
5. I will play in a mountain stream at least once.
Well, those are my top five. I’ve decided that as far as self-improvement goes, it ain’t going to happen. So instead, I am striving to improve my LEF – that’s Living Enjoyment Factor. Life is too short to go a whole summer without one trip to Dairy Queen!